Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ack

Last night's knitting was not a fulfilling exercise...maybe an exercise in futility and a reminder to maybe pay attention. I had knitted the cuff and heel flap of the second flap the night before. And so...off I go to move farther along. First a bit of cat background...one of my cats, Mercy, is a long-haired calico and I call her my "helper cat". The other two are mostly interested in cuddling but Mercy isn't interested in that very often. She does, however, think that her role in my life is to be right in the middle of what I am doing. I am used to this, and allow for it. Well, ok I should allow for it, I guess. So, last night I get almost all settled in and decide that what I need to complete my nest is a nice cup of chai. I put the sock on the arm of the loveseat and went to the kitchen to heat up the water. I hear Mercy "talking" I talk back but I didn't go see what she was talking about. Then I hear her again. And then I see her. Her nice fluffy tail is wrapped in yarn, it's all around her and dangling at the back is one dpn...with only a bit of sock left on it. Good job at tinking, Mercy! By the time I got her untangled I was totally out of the mood to knit, but had a good laugh. Maybe she's becoming obsessed with all this fiber stuff too!

Here's a picture of sock number one on foot number one. And hopefully someday it will be a pair. It's VERY warm..and since it's warm here, I'll have these to look forward too next winter.

Tonight's been about a bit of dusting, and laundry and plant watering. Oh...speaking of plants, we have some real excitement at work. One of my co-workers gifted me with a new treasure. Purchased at the Dollar Store, it's called a Secret Fortune plant. Comes in a little can with some growing medium...you water it and it allegedly grows and has a message on it. So last Friday we opened it up, and gave it some water. Yesterday the growing medium had sprouted a hill sticking out the top of it, and if you looked straight down you could see a bit of a sprout. This morning it had sprouted but what was amazing was that about an hour after work started it really sprouted up. I guess it was waiting for the lights. Here are a couple of pictures taken today.

This was about 9:30 this morning. You would have thought someone had just had a baby. Everyone came flocking in to see, and throughout the day they'd come back to see if the message was visible yet.

LOL it doesn't take much to amuse us I guess.
I am somewhat noted for my ability to get excited about a new shiny pencil! I think it's a good way to live. Anyway by afternoon it had grown some more.. That dark brown matter is like the outside seed case. Looks sort of like a bean. I surely wish I knew what it was. But, if you have a $ store near you, you can have one too. Will only cost you a buck fifty and you can have a life as exciting as mine! Now off to watch the rest of CSI NY.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol That's funny with your Lucky Bean plant. (Our dollar stores here have signs saying "ALMOST everything for a daollor, or more.") Looking forward to seeing what it sprouts.

~France said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~France said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~France said...

Is that a can the size of a soda? Is it sprouting from a small opening, or is the top totally open? What a fun thing! If it weren't for my plant-eating cat (ShadowMan) I would go get one! I will be as giddy as you to keep watching!

Not to leave out the antics of MercyCat ... glad you could laff at what she did! I have no doubt you will get those socks done in no time!

Susan said...

LOL Dave...at least they're honest. We have a new one here called Dollar Tree and everything really is a dollar...or 2 for or something. Sometimes it's a trap. I run in for paper towels and come out with a big bag of "stuff"

Susan said...

No Francee, it's littler than that. About as big as a half can of soda. The whole top comes off, and the bottom has a pull top like a soda can does so when you water it the water can run out the bottom.

~France said...

OOO ... quite clever! Did you know that when I click on the picture, it gets huge?! Makes for seeing details quite easy!