Monday, August 13, 2007

Early to rise..

means that now I can watch Knitty Gritty reruns on HGTV! My expanded basic cable doesn't get the DIY network so I've never seen it. While being bored enough to be reading early morning tv listings in the paper, I discovered that it comes on HGTV at 6 AM here. Now I know why I've been waking up so early. So this morning by 6 I'd answered comments and an email, fed the kids, scooped the litter boxes, had breakfast and a bath. And no, I'm probably not going to make a cribbage board but unless I forget everything I saw, I've learned a bit. And even if I forget it all...starting out the day with a knitter isn't a bad thing, for sure!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? There really is stuff going on in the world early in the day. And people think I'm crazy for waking up at 5am to watch the sunrises.
KG comes on at 7am here, but I'm already out of the house. Glad you're able to catch it.

Sara said...

I've been thinking that early is good! I'm up by six every morning - except the week-ends. Think I'll try earlier...just to see what goes on...

Cookie said...

Comes on at seven here, too. :?

Sure, there's stuff going on, but rarely is it important enough to get out of bed for at the hour. ;^)

Susan said...

Hi y'all!

Early morning is my very favorite time of the day. I'm awake..and after a mug of coffee, relatively alert. Nobody but the furbabies are gonna be wanting something and I'm rested. So I can do stuff around the house, or work on a project, or read your blogs. And I get to do all of that before work sucks energy away. Maybe that's the main part. I always have big plans about what I'm going to do when I get home but sometimes I just turn into a slug *G*

Ann said...

Oh good grief..you are far more dedicated than I. I love my sleep way too much!

Devorah said...

Early is good! Go Susan!

~France said...

I totally agree with Ann! I don't function well before 10

My fur babies like to wake me around midnight by running across m'body, however, I coverup and go back t'sleep 'til 6:30! HA!on them!!