Monday, June 26, 2006

In The Mail

Saturday's mail brought a couple of interesting things (and NO bills!) The best one was a copy of the summer issue of Interweave Knits. I recently subscribed but just mailed off the payment last week. I figured it would be August before I got anything so that was a real treat.

But also in the mail was a big packet of papers from this new doc I am to see on Wednesday. First and foremost, was information that stated I needed to pay for this LOL. Then, a map showing exactly where their offices were in this big medical complex...and how to actually get there via parkways, interstates etc. Then there was a 4 page medical questionairre to complete. My gosh, this thing was quite detailed about every physical system. But interspersed with questions concerning heart/lungs/stomach etc there were some really interesting ones. Like...

1. Are you satisfied with your present type of work?
2. Do you have more than one job?
3. Do you get along well with your fellow employees and/or supervisors?
4. Do you pass a lot of gas (I guess that could relate to #3)?
5. Do you enjoy a variety of food? (please no bugs or sushi)
6. Do you ever hear voices or see people when no one is around?
7. Do you eer have a feeling that someone is trying to harm you?

Fortunately they didn't ask "Do your pets talk to you?" "Do you think talking to yarn makes knitting easier?"

Speaking of knitting, I finished the gusset on sock #1 and have started gusset on sock #2. I'm liking this two at once deal. For one thing, doing whatever on the second sock just goes really fast since I've just finished it on sock one and can remember what I did *G* And for another thing, I don't have to think about starting everything all over again. It seems like it goes much faster.

A question. I really like my dpns, but I am wondering if you could put the sock on a circ when you get to the boring foot part. And if so, what length do you need. I've read the instructions about 2 socks on 2 circs but I really can't get it in my head. I learn best by "seeing" as opposed to reading so have filed those printouts in the back of the book LOL. But it seems like doing the foot part on a circ would be much faster. And I really want to wear these socks!

Hope your Monday goes well...and it's only 5 more sleeps until the weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess IK trusted you to pay them. ;^)

Do you find yarn emotionally reassuring? Do your pets answer you when you talk to them?

It's just a matter of time before the men in white coats come to get me. *L*

Sounds like homework, but I can see the point in it. I love that you got a map. I hate having to hunt for new offices.

Are you thinking about doing Magic Loop? Or two circs for a sock? I've heard of both, but I haven't tried either of them. *L*

Anonymous said...

I learned to knit on two circs by doing just what you suggested...this is a great resource that may help:
http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm

Ann said...

I am finding that trying to start the socks on one circular needle is making a tangled up mess. But after I have a good start then I move it to the circular needle--I checked, mine is 47 inches long.

Just don't ask for MY measurements.

:o)

Ann

Susan said...

Cookie,
ha! at least I'll have good company in the land of white coats. Do you think they'll let us keep our pointy sticks?

Yes, the map was a definite good thing cause I would have been wandering around there for a long time. And I'm glad I don't have to fill out the papers there cause there were several *essay* type questions. Gads I would have been there forever before I got them done. Much easier in the comfort of my living room and jammies *G*

I suppose I should investigate at least Magic Loop but I'm so comfortable (and have quit knitting with the tail hanging out of the cast on LOL) with my dpns that it might be a struggle. Things really turned around when I got the shorter needles. But geez, the foot part seems to take forever *G*

Susan said...

Beverly,

What a great site! I'm going to have to do a lot of printing out and some experimenting, I think. Thanks for sharing it!

Susan said...

Ann,

47 inches long!?!?!?!? Wow, I didn't even know they came that long! I guess at least you don't have to worry about the stitches sliding off! *G* Hmm lots to think about!

And I'm sure your measurements are just right for you. At least that's what I try to tell myself *G*

Hope the day treats you especially well and provides some unexpected smiles.