Well 3 little balls about the size of a ping pong ball that are the results of my messy experiments last night.
The ball on the right is Fishermans' wool that was dyed with Kool Aid back when I dyed the sock yarn that I'm using now. It's important today because it's the first time I used my brand new ball winder! Oh how cool it is! I could wind the world I think...well at least if I could get a bit of it in the slot in the middle.
In other dyeing news I now have a partially dry mass of wool. Since it's Jazz Fest in New Orleans this weekend, and I'm not there, I decided to dye this in purple, green and gold (well yellow) in honor of New Orleans and Mardi Gras. Ummm I think I have a lot to learn about this dyeing stuff. I used a whole bottle of green and purple Wilton's and probably 2/3 of a yellow bottle (part of it got used up last night) When I put it to steam it was purple, green and yellow with very little bleeding but afterwards, it looked like this. It's almost as if in some places the purple broke...and became red and blue. I'm anxious to see what
it looks like dry and wound up in a skein or a ball...and to see how
I'm tired tho. For some obscure reason I took the perfectly
manageable skein of Knitpicks and using upside down tv trays
made it into a skinny skein that was really really long. And
since I'm a bit taller than a tv tray I spent what seemed like
forever bent over as I wound it. I think a nice soak in the tub
is called for.