Tuesday, May 23, 2006

If at first you don't succeed..


I spent quite a bit of time this morning in here, but alas it all went poof. And I don't think I even told a lie.

So I shall try to do it in small bites and maybe it will work. At left, you will see the surprise that landed in my mail box on Saturday. My Dyepal has just upgraded her spindle so she sent me the one being replaced! And some absolutely gorgeous roving (that's what it's called, right?) I can't tell you much about it because it comes from Germany and I can't read German. But oh my it's absolutely gorgeous~ And so soft! I downloaded some instructions and tried using some left over stuff from a needle felting project but can't say I was a success. I did find a video online that I think I will order. I do so much better "seeing" how to do something. I'm sooo excited!

And yesterday, a box arrived with a goodie for my pal. I discovered a place called Red Dirt Soap
so I got her a bar of soap (and nope it doesn't have dirt in it :-) ) But what surprised me was that they included a little bar of soap for me too...and some yummy lipbalm. The rest of her goodies should be here this week and hopefully I can get them in the mail Friday. Since it has to go overseas it may take awhile. I've already got the customs slips to fill out. Apparently it depends on how big the box is, what paper you fill out. So I'll fill them both out and make the people in line behind me happy when I don't tie up the line.

Now I'll try and post this, and if it works, I'll be right back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through Dye-O-Rama... if you get this and would like to know what the German says (and still have it) I'd be more than happy to translate for you. :-)