Sunday, December 31, 2006

Off the needles



Yay my contribution to the Red Scarf Project is done! And washed and ready to go in the mail Wednesday. It's even a bit longer than it needed to be. Oh and did I mention that it's finished? Y'all sometimes it takes me so long to get something knit that I figure there's no point in even talking about it. But this month I've knit 3 scarves and a pair of house socks. I'm so jazzed!
I loved knitting this scarf and hopefully will do more of them without a deadline LOL.

Specs: Bernat Softee Chunky (acrylic cause my town doesn't have wool)
Pattern: Cookie's Mistake Rib. I know there are lots of Mistake Ribs out there, but Cookie helped me understand something so to me, it will always be hers.

This is my attempt at artistic knit photography. Ok, so I don't exactly know how to stage photos or whatever you call it. But you also get to see my Christmas clock, made from scratch (well except for the clockworks) by 2 of my FOC. It chimes and everything. And tomorrow a friend is going to come over and get it hung on my wall. I figure if it comes crashing down, it won't be my fault.

I loved knitting this scarf and hopefully will do more of them without a deadline LOL.

Specs: Bernat Softee Chunky (acrylic cause my town doesn't have wool)
Pattern: Cookie's Mistake Rib. I know there are lots of Mistake Ribs out there, but Cookie helped me understand something so to me, it will always be hers.

I went to down the street to my friend Mac's for snacks but came home early. It was a very low key gathering. In fact, part of my time was spent looking up the addy to mail the scarf because Norma's site has a tendency to lock up my browser. And I really wanted to get home to my needles. That's just sick *L* Is it bedtime yet??

5 comments:

Devorah said...

I understand! The only reason I stay up is because the crowds uptown wake me up at midnight anyway and then I can't get back to sleep. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Love!

Trust me to be able to explain something that's a mistake. *L* I stayed up way too late with that stupid sock. Gave up in the end. I guess I know what I'm doing today. *L*

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't too long after they yelled "Happy New Year" from Times Square and my happy butt was in bed!!!

Susan said...

Devorah, usually there are a lot of fireworks here in my neighborhood but either everyone was somewhere else or I was sleeping really hard! Whatever, I had a nice winter's nap *G*

Cookie, Hahaha...but the mistake was mine. if I get too tired I can mess up plain stockinette without even realizing it's wrong. So..I go to bed LOL I hope today is a better day for you and sockie.

Sara, I tried..really I did. And that would have only been 11 pm here but I just couldn't do it. :-(

Ann said...

I had my usual date with Dick Clark and headed to bed about 1:00 a.m. For some reason I was restless...not sure why, maybe the green tea, maybe nightmares about quilts?