Well, now that's downright scary! If anyone happened to see it they'd drop dead quickly. Another license to kill. Let me try this again!
Drat! I got caught! No fair. It's just that I really didn't want a sex change operation or sexy black lingerie.
I don't really have any profound resolutions. At least if I do, it's too early to remember them.
I do have some things I would like to do..like:
1. Be a bit more realistic about my life. Umm, maybe I'll actually look at the balance on the credit card instead of looking to see what my payment is. I really have done well at not using them...now it's more about payback. Quit procastinating about things that need doing. That way I won't have to make hurried trips to get copies of paperwork etc.
2. Continue to save up for things that cost a lot, like iPods and swifts and Dyson's. (there's $7.50 in that fund so far but I have ideas about how to increase my contributions) ~~waving to Dave.
3. I WANT TO LEARN MORE. I got this odd magazine the other day when I got groceries. I didn't even know what was inside it ... it just piqued my interest. And much of it I don't understand at all. But I want to know. And I really want to learn more about photo composition. I'm not sure what that even means. It's just that I want to be able to take a pic of socks and have it turn out to be a truly wonderful photo instead of being only a sock(not that a sock isn't a thing of incredible beauty). I adore Dave's photos, and Alicia's and Kirsten's and Victoria's and Jane's. And my friend Linna (blogless), who does extraordinary work. And along with that...
4. Be braver and give myself permission to screw up. No that doesn't mean I'm going to try skydiving or anything. It does mean that I'm going to cut into that pretty fabric Pat sent me way back when instead of just looking at it. It means I might actually try intarsia, toe up socks, or maybe knit a sweater for one of the teddy bears. I want to see how they work, and I'm not yet brave enough to commit to buying enough yarn to make one for me. (Baby steps, ya know.)
Normally, in learning new things there are going to be mistakes...and total failures. I tend to beat myself up about that and then give up because I'm not perfect. Guess what...I'm not ever going to be perfect and time is a wastin'.
5. Continue to be very grateful when I wake up...and move around with all of me relatively functional. And be grateful for all of you. I had NO idea this time last year that I would be blogging, or getting to know y'all. My life is sooooo much better than I had any idea it could become and it's bound to just keep getting better.
5. And when things get tough, I shall remember this:
Reality can be beaten with enough imagination. Mark Twain.