Friday, January 12, 2007

Home again, home again

Not to market to buy a fat pig though. They sent us home early. The nurses saw all the patients that had to be seen today, and once they were all off the roads, the rest of us left. By 9 AM when I left to make my Dr. offices run, my car was coated with ice and there was freezing rain to accompany the sounds of NPR. But fortunately, it changed to sleet which is somewhat crunchy and a bit easier to get around in. Nobody fell down or had car crunches although that might have something to do with the fact that there weren't a lot of people out on the roads.

I came home and made some potato soup and some noodles (not in the same pan). I couldn't quite decide what sounded best so I had some of each..and they were both yummy.

My plan then was to complete a bit of the cable part of the hat; take a picture and show off. Unfortunately, I discovered that I had made a mistake on the very first row after the ribbing and it threw the whole thing off a bit. So, back to the frog pound and maybe you will see it later this evening.

And, of course, the car started everytime I turned the key. I'm still bummed that I didn't get to go see the quilts and all the fabric. On a happier note, my CP dpns arrived from the Yarn Barn today so maybe while I try to count to 3 correctly, the slick #8 metal needles won't be sliding out. Yay!!



Cookie said...

I'm so glad that you're home safe and sound. Too much weather if you ask me.

Ann said...

Stay inside and out of that nasty stuff!

~FParis said...

Glad you're home safe, and glad they let y'all go home early!

Susan said...

Cookie, it was really good to get home! Confused the cats though. I let the dog out and they were looking at me and saying "What do you mean it isn't supper time, of course it is".

Ann, my plan exactly! No errands, no standing in line at the grocery. Just me and the babies hangin' out in the house

Francee, I was too. I'm sure that not much more work would have been accomplished even if I'd stayed since it seemed I spent most of my time running out the door to listen to the sleet *G*