Saturday, March 29, 2008

Friday Night in the Big Town

First of all a big thank you to Crystal for the info on the red box! Really helps when you know what you're looking at!

No knitting last night tho. It was a girl's night out in Bricktown a special part of Oklahoma City. It's been quite awhile since I've been down there and whew..it's really grown with lots more to see and do. Eleven goofy women out and about. What a good time we had.



We ate here at the Bourbon St. Cafe and it was very, very good. There were oysters and pork shops and some really different salad. On my dinner plate was a very tasty, tender steak. YUM! (And it had paprika sprinkled around to look pretty!) And in my glass Shiner Bock. A far reach from my usual "eat out" at a fast food place.

After dinner we walked around and laughed a lot and then rode the water taxi on a great trip around the canal. We've already tentatively planned a return.

A really fun evening and it's really nice to spend time with friends doing totally different sorts of things.

Today may hold totally different adventures barring unforseen roadblocks. We shall see. But for now, I need to do the ironing! See ya later! Hope your day is a good one.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I never would have thought that you had an area like that there.

I was about to ask if they had a water taxi or gondala to ride in.

Sounds like a great evening.

We are having steak tonight!!!

Devorah said...

Cool! Definitely not my minds-eye idea of Oklahoma City. Thanks for making it real.