Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getting To Know Me

Maybe you really don't want to..'tis your choice. I'm not vain enough to think you've been waiting a long time for this post. Actually, it's so I'll stand a chance at winning a prize over at Knitty Otter's.

Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:

1.) How long have you been knitting?
Since sometime in 2005. I was way late coming to knitting. Not because I didn't want to knit, but because I couldn't figure it out from books and knew nobody that knitted. Finally a yarn store opened in the City and I took your basic knitting class. Still have my first swatch too!

2.) How long have you been knitting socks?
I think since the spring of 2006. It was after I started the blog..that's all I know. And I was sooooooooooo proud of them!

3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?
Help her and Tony get out of Manhattan!

4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?
Cabin Cove or Regia. A lot of people don't like Regia apparently but it's been good to me. I've used a lot of Knitpicks dye-it-yourself too. I haven't used very many different ones. I have some yummy Cherry Tree that I need to find just the right pattern for, and I want to try some of that Dream in Color sock yarn. Have you used it? Such delicious colors!

5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down?
Cuff down. I keep saying I will learn toe up but I just can't quite get there from here.

6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

This week it's teal and chocolate. Not that I have anything that color except for a little notebook. In summer I wear a lot of orange/pink/lime stuff. In winter I'm quite drab for some reason

7.) Do you have a pet(s)?
Oh yeah! A neurotic dog named Zoey, and 3 cats. Mary, who is 19 years old and demands respect and a street-bred Siamese Hershey, who's about 13 and my snuggliest kitty. And last, but not least, Mercy the calico helper cat. She likes to help a lot although she's really not too good at it.

8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued?
bbq all the time!

9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit?
Mitts and mittens. My goal is to someday create a wonderful thumb!

10.) What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla and freshly mowed clover.

11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band?
Today I'm listening to Dave Brubeck on Pandora.com

12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit?
About 10, I think.

13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet?
how about both? Ice cream, chocolate syrup, and nuts sprinkled on top.

14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.
Let's just say the dog had an upset tummy and leave it at that.

15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic?
Crystal Palace bamboo. Love 'em!!!

16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?
Right now I'm knitting Mona Schmidt's Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks and I'm really loving them. I loved Monkey too. But most of my socks are ribbed tops.

17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?

I would want my boy cat and some sort of MacGyver person there to build shelters and stuff. I would want all my dpns and a large assortment of yarn cause I have the attention span of a gnat. And yes, I'd want to leave cause I really hate hot weather and I'm thinking that's what you'd have.

So there you go. If you do this, be sure and let me know so I can come snoop :-)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm planning on answering it tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

I so loved reading this, I'm glad you posted it. I so understand your comment about wanting all your yarn due to the attention span of a gnat LOLOL.

Hugs!!!! and Good Luck!!!!