Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Show Off!

New things to show you. Finally I have completed, if not a sock, then a sock top. And, sometimes I had to count past 4. I have had such fun with this pattern. My gnat-like attention span is happy because every row is a bit different but not difficult. This may actually become a pair! The yarn is some Knitpicks Bare that I dyed awhile back. It was going to become another pair of Monkeys but apparently I got distracted or something. I stumbled upon the yarn again one evening and thought that the following morning I'd look out the pattern.

But that night, I dreamed I was wearing a pair of handknit socks, and knitting another pair. Specific socks, but I didn't know what they were. They weren't in my printed out patterns. And I'm not skilled enough to imagine up something like them. I was on my way out the door to go to work when I had a thought. I dashed back in and pulled Favorite Socks (Interweave) off the shelf and there they were! Embossed Leaves socks by Mona Schmidt. I'm quite pleased since I've followed a chart! First time for stitches.



But heh, I don't think I'll be knitting the ones I dreamed I was knitting anytime soon. A bit past my skill level I think. :-)

The other goodies in the picture arrived in the mail this week. A surprise gift for no reason from my friend Ann who's not blogging right now I guess. There's a kitty cat magnetic book marker. (No worries about it falling out!) And some adorable tiny rubber duckie magnets. And a magnet that says "Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is". And the adorable card says "Success consists of getting up once oftener than you fall down". I loved each of them. But today, I became aware of some things at work which might mean I need to hang on tightly to them and memorize them. Good timing, Ann girl!

And now to go start a heel.

3 comments:

Devorah said...

Great socks! Nice gift but ... what's going on?

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie I absolutely love those socks. They are really awesome! I just love when dreams do that.

Hugs!!!!

Sara said...

Great socks! I'm proud of you that you decided to knit them.

Nice gifts - Ann's that way - she can sense things!!!!

What's up???