Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Was Going To Show Some Knitting..

I've knitted off and on this week on a sock, with plans to show it's progress this morning. However, everytime I picked it up I noticed a glitch on the first row after the ribbing. Not a missed stitch that I could pick up. I'm not sure what it was but it was wrong. I told myself that it wasn't really all that obvious, and it wasn't really. But I couldn't live with it and all that knitting hit the frog pile leaving only the ribbing. Maybe tomorrow there will be some progress.



In the meantime, I'll show you something of great interest at work for the last couple of weeks. A bird (not sure what kind, maybe a barn swallow?) built a mud nest over the light outside our door.





All well and good, and occasionally we would hear a little peep. But apparently as the wee things grew and became more obvious, the parents decided we were going to hurt them so getting into the office became a game of dodge-bird. They didn't actually hit anyone, but they did make for an interesting entrance/exit. Nobody told on them so they just kept after us and we became quicker and more agile. Finally the little beggars apparently learned to fly and left home. And once more, going to work isn't very exciting.

2 comments:

Devorah said...

Or as dangerous! Fun times ... I just have to dodge pigeon poo on my way in to work.

Anonymous said...

Wow you really do live in a wildlife wonderland. One of these days I will be visiting.

Hugs!!!