Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dear Commenters,

If you commented yesterday, I responded in the comment box. Unfortunately I am unable to also respond by email. I scooped the litter boxes and took a bath and still one of the emails was loading. I can understand. Sometimes I have a hard time getting going in the mornings too. But I didn't want you to feel ignored.

And now for news. Guess what? It's raining! hahaha, here we go again. Started yesterday afternoon and it looks like most of the week is going to be rainy, at least part of the time. It rained really hard just west of here...rained normally here...and then started pouring again as it moved east. I haven't checked the basement. I'll just be like Scarlett and think about it tomorrow. Maybe.

On the knitting scene, some actually got done. I've finished the eyelet row and a few more rows of stockinette and tonight I'll actually get to knit in a few of those beads that up until now have been more of an annoyance than anything else. I did spend a bit of time trying to figure out how you could do an Icord with a spiral of beads around it. I decided I didn't have a clue and turned my book on tape back on *G*

Ohhhh I forgot to say that I've ordered some more books and they are on sale. I saw a link to this place on Mason-Dixon Knitting and off I went. I am in love with all things Rowan, although I've never knitted one of their patterns. Perhaps what I love are the photos and the general *feeling*. Ethereal Britain is far way from red dirt. And at these prices, I can actually enjoy the books. I got A Season's Tale, the one pictured at the top of this page, as well as Denim People and that book about knitting for kids and their bears. I have no little ones to knit for, but I do have a bear who is tired of waiting on the summer sweater that I'm making up as I go.

But now, as a long-ago friend used to say, I must away. Time to get ready for work. Not much left to do as lunch is packed. Oh wait...I guess I should change from a housecoat. And maybe do something with my wet hair.

No comments: