Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Toy and Curls

Hey...I'm the proud owner (finally!) of a digital camera! Got it on sale at Staples last Sunday and have been having great fun taking and deleting pics.

Haven't quite got up the courage to try and download to the computer but hopefully this weekend.

I've been experimenting with a scarf. Quite simple pattern. Row 1 knit. Row 2 k1,p1 all the way across on an uneven number of stitches. It sort of looks like a thermal underwear pattern. I'm using Plymouth Encore Colorspun (75% acrylic, 25% wool) which I am told is what makes superwash wool. It's an autumn-y varigated and I really like it. However, it's curling BAD.

See....actually here, I had squashed the scanner cover down so it doesn't look toooo bad...but just wait. Those little rows of v's are actually ridge like.

Here's the other side without the scanner squash..









Obviously I haven't quite figured out how to move stuff around in here but this will have to do for tonight. My back's quite cranky and I have a date with the heating pad and some CSI. Ahhh such an exciting life I live

No comments: