Saturday, August 04, 2007

T is for Tea..and Yarn too!

Awhile back I signed up for Zoe's Yarn in a Teacup Swap. I sent my packet off awhile back and forgot to take a pic. Sorry. But it went off to near Boston and was nicely received. It wasn't a secret swap, so I'd emailed with my sendee about not only her likes/dislikes but also about what she was going to send off. She'd found this really cool tea, but was a bit concerned that since she was sending to a Brit, they might think she was being snarky. I thought it was fun and apparently her person did also. Anyway, I came home the other day to a packet from her..and I got my very own tin of Boston Tea Party tea. And it's good too! Thanks loads again (blogless) Kate!


I hadn't heard anything from the person sending to me..no emails or anything and was afraid maybe something had gone wrong. So, on the last day I sent a note off to Zoe. Whoa..she gets results fast! By the time I got home that afternoon, I had a note from my sender saying she always waits till the last minute to do things, and doesn't do much emailing. I was so glad that nothing had happened to her.



And now her package has arrived. In the questionairre, we were asked if we preferred to drink our tea from a mug or a cup. I stated that I drink from a mug, but that I would love to have a real cup and saucer. Look! This is the most gorgeous cup and saucer. I can't get it to show up well, but the glaze/finish/appearance of the white parts are like mother of pearl or something..a lustre finish. I'm sorry I don't know the right word. But it is so pretty. And yummy tea, and oh yes..chocolate too. Part of which is gone. And goodness, look at this yarn. It is soooooooo soft. It's Berroco Ultra Alpaca. 50% alpaca and 50% wool. 215 yds. I'm thinking mitts? Maybe. I want it to be something I can feel and I love fingerless mitts. The color is kind of wonky in the picture but it's sort of like a celery color. And one last surprise! oops I forgot the pic. But it's one of those huge magnet ball of yarn/needles. I've wanted one but couldn't really justify buying it. I'm ever so happy! It was well worth waiting for. Thanks (also blogless) Laurie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely package. You are lucky. Could you please e mail the photos so I can put them on our Flickr group? Thanks. Zoe x

Devorah said...

What a great swap! That tea cup is charming. Enjoy your goodies!

Susan said...

Sure Zoe! And thanks for a great swap and your help!

Devorah, I felt like such a lady drinking from it. Even tho I was in a tank top and rather well worn shorts *G*.