Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here I go

I really have NO idea of what I am doing. I wanted a blog not only to babble on about myself and my projects and my furkids but to also have a place to put my Knitting Olympic buttons. Not that I have any idea of how to do that!

Yes, I've joined in the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. One of over 3,000 and probably one of the less skilled knitters. I am, I guess, an advanced beginner. Scarves, dishcloths etc. But now I am going to make a Booga Bag and am knitting it with the Kureyon pictured. I've loved it since I first saw it. But I hesitated to spend the money. Recently my doc prescribed Lexapro to hopefully fix some depression and I prescribed Kureyon. One of the two should work! And certainly the Kureyon is a lot more fun.

My yarn arrived today! I'd been tracking it on the UPS site, and when it said it had been delivered, I ran home from work to get it. ohhhh it's pretty. Interesting texture too. I've never had yarn like it and am excited to see how it knits up. I did swatch a bit tonight and was happy to see that it "feeds" well through my fingers.

No comments: