Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Meme for Me

Hey, it's my very first one! Softball, thunderstorms, and a cat who is paying me back for giving her a suppository have limited my computer time for the last hours. So, since I see my "pal" came to visit I'll post this here, and finish the letter when there is more time online

Questions specific to this swap:

Your favorite colors?
blue/green/purple or autumn colors golds/russets/brown/wine etc
or hahah orange/pink/yellow

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
for socks, fingering I guess. Whatever sock yarn is called but
I'm not sure what the others are. I think worsted is what I call
regular yarn and I like that too LOL

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
I like them both...but it's fun to see different colors or shades
appear

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated,
self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
I'm surely not particular on that...if that's what she ends up
with I'll be delighted. If it's all one color I'll be delighted
with that too. For me, it's about having fun

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk,
acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
sure...never had any and it would be fun to see what it's like

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?

Secret Spaces...not that I have any idea what that means...
it just jumped into my head!

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
It's fun to be a part of some large group all exploring their
artistic sides. And great fun to get to know some of them and
to learn!

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
well yes...shortly before this swap was announced I had dyed one
skein that turned out weirdly turquoise, and one that is sort of
pastel camoflage..all with kool aid. Lots of experience, eh?

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
So far, kool aid although I am bound and determined to figure out
Wilton so it doesn't bleed! And maybe someday acids.

Do
you spin?
Don't I wish!!! After I save up for a swift, then I will
start saving up for a spindle...and a video that shows me how to do it
because the directions I've read make no sense to me.
Oh wait..once a long time ago at a crafts festival at Silver
Dollar City, I got to spin. LOL there were all these children
in line and then great ol' me. I ended up with something twisted
so tightly that it curled up on itself and looked like a hair ball.
I treasured it for years but a dog ate it.

Have you knit socks before?
I made one pair of worsted weight house socks and I've made one
sock in a second pair this time with sock yarn that's skinny. But I
think I'm addicted~

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
Actually until recently I didn't know you could do other things..
I'll have to check this out.
What are
of your favorite yarns?
I haven't got to use all that many. I really like Knitpicks and I
can afford it most times. And someday I want to touch
cashmere. I would be scared to do anything with it but would
like to at least smell and feel some. I tend to favor un-novelty
yarn or anything that has to be knit on great huge needles cause
they make my hands hurt.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Socks that Rock/Fire on the Mountain or Queen Rock. the colors
just fascinate me

Favorite patterns?
I'd like to learn toe up socks and I really love those Pomatomus
(really not spelled like that) that lots are knitting.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Well, if you can put skill in there, I would love to someday knit
something with cables

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

I have two pair of Crystal Palace dpns (both the same size I think)
which are way cool and a couple of pairs of str8s by them. I also
have some HUGE needles that I just can't use (you want them?)
The rest are circulars from Walmart. Ohhh but I did get some Addi
Turbo 11 circs for a bag I was making and OMG are they ever nice!!
For not socks I like circulars since I don't lose my stitches

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would
you be?

Since I have infrequent access to a real yarn store, I don't
have a lot of knowledge here. Something soft that wasn't
splitty and showed off the stitches


Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
chocolate of any kind or chai tea.

What’s your favorite animal?
toads ...actually I like most animals but toads are way cool

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
I have a dog...big ol'poodley mix named Zoey that's 7
3 cats...Mary the boss of them all who is a torty of 17 years
Hershey a street bred Siamese boy (the lover) who is 11
and Mercy a calico rescued from a ditch when she was a wee thing
who is 10 (the helper cat)...geez they are all getting old

If you were a color what color would you be?
green..at least today :-)

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..
Well certainly not for looks but it's an almost worn out tshirt
from the Ozark Folk Center in Arkansas that I got at a dulcimer
workshop.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
spiders, snow and ice

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.

Do you have a wishlist?

Yeh...mainly because I forget stuff so if I hear of something
I want and Amazon has it, I put it on the list so I can remembe
the title for longer than 5 min.


No comments: