Monday, April 24, 2006

Moving Day

This was yesterday morning's post but it wouldn't load. I didn't want you to think I don't know what day it is.

Nope, I'm not moving house but I did change bedrooms this weekend. I have two small bedrooms in this house. The front bedroom is the "spring/summer" bedroom and the back is the "fall/winter" bedroom. The only reason for this...and the only reason that one of them isn't a craft room is because the front bedroom can be closed off and the heating vent shut in order to save on the gas bill in winter. It's not a big deal to move, but this time I took everything out of both wee closets (old house...they didn't have many clothes in those days) and dust and wash the walls and shelves and go through all the "stuff". Clothing was sorted and quite a lot of it either tossed or scheduled for giveaway. And fueled by all of this sorting, I moved onto the bookshelves in the living room. Hey, I can get all my knitting magazines off the floor and into holders. I may even be able to find what I'm looking for!

So last night was the first spent in the "spring/summer" room. Oh, and a bit of background...the bed in the winter room has a very old double mattress. It's kind of wonky but quite comfy if you sleep across it at an angle. The bed in the spring room is a twin on a bunky board...much firmer and probably better for my cranky back. However, in the middle of the night if you turn over...and your brain thinks you're lying catty-cornered on the double bed...you may just find your ass on the floor! Certainly a wake-up thing! I WILL get used to it, I will!

No comments: