Monday, April 03, 2006

The second sock is DONE! Kitchener went a bit better but I'm thinking I need to make some swatches and practice, practice, practice. Last night I did some really mindless knitting on the red/blue (actually Knitpicks blueberry and cherry blossom) bag.

And thought about the stuff I put in the "go bag" The theory (however unlikely) that in the event of a tornado hitting my house, I would crawl out from under the stairs and over the rubble and rise like Phoenix clutching my Crystal Palace bamboo needles and my two Addi Turbos. Along with the Kureyon felted bag and a pair of yellow socks. Yeah, for sure! I can see the news interview now, "well, I have no where to stay but I have my knitting needles!"

DST has somewhat skewed my sleep pattern. I wasn't at all sleepy when I went to bed and after lying there for awhile listening to a book on tape that I could probably repeat from memory, I decided I needed to do something else. So I got up and casted on 64 stitches for another sock. When I was putting up the leftover yellow yarn, I decided to look through my paltry stash and found the Regia stretch that I bought for my sock making class in the City (was only able to go to one class, but at least I learned how dpns were supposed to work. We shall see how this goes. Once I get them started, I can work on them a bit at lunch time. I was taking the red/blue with me, but the clicking the Addis made either annoyed my coworker or made her sleepy.

Time for Monday already? Oh ok....off to try to present a work-oriented image while my mind wonders what the Regia will look like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay on the Kitchener. It does just take practice. But now you've got both socks done. Congratulations, I know how it feels. (Don't you wish you could be a medal for every pair completed?)